Options

Garmin error code 6

oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 740 ✭✭✭
 I move my original electronic installation from my port battery bank to the house battery bank and after it was done, my radar (garmin xh404) stop working and it has a code error 6. I check fuse and volt and it see fine (13.50 volt ), Any info will be appreciate. Thx

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    @oscar1 - Not sure about the error code, but mine stopped working one time and I did a total power down and power back up and that resolved my issue. Make sure you don't just start it up from stand-by mode, actually turn it off, then back on. Hopefully that will do it.
  • Options
    Thx Tony, I am going to trie tomorrow.
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    Oscar. That error code is saying the power to the radar is out of spec. Check that wire. Make sure you have a good connection.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    I will be going over everything I did yesterday again. thx
  • Options
    I did a lot of trouble shooting to the radar for the code error 6 today, But the most important was the power in the inlet (13.25 vol)t and outlet (36.1) volt of the power supply  which it was right  between 10 to 36 volt. I called garmin and they told me my radar is GONE, and they can not repair it because its is a discontinue model GMR 404 XHD. I am going to try a local marine electronic repair shop before I go a buy a new radar unit.