Options

Mid-Season Maint

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
So I had knee surgery on Aug 1st and the weather has totally $ucked this summer (I know I have a lot of growth) I thought I would have my mid-season maintenance done. My boat will be hauled this week and I will have a power wash on the bottom done, zinc's checked and replaced as required. My genny just stopped pumping water so it needs an impellor. I do this every summer. Usually I don't have problems with the genny but for about $400 it's a good way to keep peace of mind and keeps the boat running smoothly................ Just say'n 
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    Is that $400 for just the impeller change or for everything?
  • Options
    johnny44johnny44 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    If that is $400 for everything in the Boston area, then I am moving to Raybo's marina! 
    It cost me $608 for a short haul and powerwash a couple of weeks ago in RI
    2008 350 EC -- Greenwich Bay, Rhode Island
  • Options
    It doesn't include the impellor and the zinc kits are extra also. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I just did mid season as well. Clean out genny and ac strainers, clean ac air intakes, thaw fridges, clean sump. Fun fun….
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭
    @raybo3 I used to pay $400 for a haul out plus power wash.  That is all you get though.  As soon as you need to go on blocks for work it is extra and a daily charge. All of the other items you mentioned would be done by a separate mechanic and likely at least another $400.  I bottom painted mine in June and did all of the other items you mentioned.  Got in to check the bottom 2 months later just before the new owners took possession and I was really happy with how clean the bottom was. Made me a believer in keeping up with that if i have a boat that stays in the water for any length of time.  My definition of "any length of time" around here is more than a week.

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    @davidbrooks I get the treatment for $400, haul, power wash, and if it needs zincs its just the extra for the zincs. Now keep in mind that I have been going to this place for 25 years, I bought the boat from him and I sold a new 342 two weeks after I bought my boat back in 2007. He has become a really good friend and he takes very good care of me and I absolutely get preferential treatment....... Just say'n