Options

Toronto Harbor Powered Vessel Operator’s Permit

tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
Just looking for opinions Heading into Toronto next weekend from Wilson, NY and wondering if they are enforcing Recreational boaters operating a powered vessel within the Port and Harbour of Toronto must be in possession of BOTH a Powered Vessel Operator’s permit and a Pleasure Craft Operator Card. 
Have been there several times before Corvid and this was always a requirement.
Also wondering about the 
Private Vessel Decal: (30 feet or more in length) $30.53 (U.S.) per calendar year Paid to the US Border Patrol?

Comments

• Options
    GrahamuGrahamu Member Posts: 869 ✭✭✭
    @tricountytrail, I have boated in Toronto Harbour for 50 years and have never been asked for either. A pleasure craft operators card is a must have for all Canadian boaters and must be produced if asked by enforcement. US boaters may have their own version of it and would suffice. The Toronto Harbour license is not enforceable for visitors, it is not listed on any chart or posted at the entrances.  I consider myself as a visitor as I live outside the city. I have just received my US Decal as I hope to cross over in September on our Great Loop trip. I don't think it's a requirement for a US registered vessel but go on the CBP site and check it, they respond very quickly to emails.
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Thanks, I am usually very proactive. I have the CBP app but I am told once I arrive just call 1800 canpass at the dock with all of my information ect which I have.
    Probably going that route. 
    Grahamu said:
    @tricountytrail, I have boated in Toronto Harbour for 50 years and have never been asked for either. A pleasure craft operators card is a must have for all Canadian boaters and must be produced if asked by enforcement. US boaters may have their own version of it and would suffice. The Toronto Harbour license is not enforceable for visitors, it is not listed on any chart or posted at the entrances.  I consider myself as a visitor as I live outside the city. I have just received my US Decal as I hope to cross over in September on our Great Loop trip. I don't think it's a requirement for a US registered vessel but go on the CBP site and check it, they respond very quickly to emails.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gone in a few times, and never been stopped ... plenty of boats around there, I doubt they all have the Toronto Harbor License.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"