x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Best Answers

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    it does look nice, but it is not industructable either.  It can stain and get marred/dinged up.  I know from a few people it does get hot in the sun (more than the fiberglass).

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Answer ✓

MT, that 2013 400 does look nice but definitely a bit different with the carpet sitting on top of the teak.  Looks like not much changed from my '08 to '13, just a bit in the dash & an extra compartment under the cockpit sink (I need to look into that).

Sounds like you are doing thorough research on the versa teak before you buy.  At least you will know everything if you do buy, so you won't be surprised.  I'll be looking out for the cork stuff.

What's tough for me, there are things I don't think I'd like, but only after using or trying it for a while then I change my mind.  ie, my wood floors in the cabin - wouldn't have it any other way now, but we always loved carpet before.

Good luck!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    knotagainknotagain Member Posts: 3
    Answer ✓

Hi Michael

We have a 2011 Ec 310 with versa teak on the swim platform and in the cockpit. We absolutely love it. The swim platform gets hot on extremely hot days but wet it down with the wash down. BBQ grease does not stain it and it still looks perfect without any fading at all.The cockpit is so easy to keep clean and no carpeting to vacuum' just wash with the wash down system. Keep in mind that we are Canadian boaters so we don"t get the extreme heat like boaters to the south.

Terry

Answers