Options

265 interior seat back removal?

Does anyone how to remove the seat backs in a 265 (and likely others) so I can to a re-upholster job? I can find nothing obvious under or over the shelf nor anything down the middle.

Comments

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    @ajj001i dont have a 265 but when i was redoing the carpet in the cabin of my 342 i discovered that on some of the carpeted trim pieced they were through screwed.  The screw heads literally were sucked into the carpeting so you couldn't see them.  Try running a small screwdriver along the middle seam to see if there are any indentations.  Then just dig it in and see if you can get it to bite.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    ajj001ajj001 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Thanks for advice.

I managed to get to the boat today (on the Thames in the UK). Looking into the fold, the screws where almost impossible to find so I ran a thin metal ruler along the back of the seatback and located them that way. Going back to the outward facing side, I could now see that the screws had been tightened so that they had gone through the material and so been hidden.

I got the far end seat back out (it only had two screws into the bulk-head) and now have it at home for re-upholstering. Assuming that goes ok, I'll do the two side ones at a later date. i am replacing the original cloth with a vinyl leatherette type material similar to the seats above deck.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget tge pictures- I always forget to take the before..