Options

N2K Fuel Rail Pressure Monitoring?

So, given that my previous engine problems (Volvo Penta 5.7 GI-E) have been due to water infiltration that then caused issues with the fuel pressure regulator, furthered by the infamous internally-painted fuel pumps causing paint flakes and clogs downstream, I've found that the prime indicator that things are bad on my engines is by measuring the fuel pressure.
That said, doing so while the engines are under load (out on the water) isn't an easy task alone. I have to drive with the engine bay open and the test gauge rigged up to the compartment lid with rope so it doesn't get caught up in the belt and is readable from the helm.
Herein lies a solution, if only one existed - an N2K fuel pressure monitor that attaches to the Schrader valve on the fuel rail (or one where I take off the valve and attach directly to the rail). I'd even go with a more-temporary bluetooth-enabled tester, but I would prefer having permanent access to the fuel pressures on my 2 engines, given that reading the pressure is the go-to thing I do when I have engine issues as of late.
Shopping online, I've been going in circles. There seems to be nothing out there for this application.

Given these are GM engines under the hood, I"m wondering if I could just use an adapter and go with a GM fuel pressure sensor. Then I'd use a Yacht Devices N2K sensor calibrated to the outputs.

I would love to have a simple fuel p[ressure digital readout on my Simrads that already get MEFI-4 data from the engines via FoxMarine units.
Anyone have any ideas?
Dan of Steel
'05 Rinker 360 Fiesta Vee