Options

05 Rinker 320 FV toilet winterize

How do you winterize the water line to the toilet? Doesn't water come from freshwater tank or city water outlet. Someone told me that the toilet is lake fed and you can't do the water line. 

Comments

• Options
    pilawampilawam Member Posts: 52
    Everything else is winterize with pink antfreeze.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    I don't know if it's the correct way or not but I shut off my seacock and remove the hose.  I put the hose into a gallon of antifreeze and flush the toilet until it turns pink.   We got into 7-9 degree temps for a week straight last winter and  no issues.  I'm sure the pink stuff isn't good for the joker valve or my water filter housing clear plastic cover.  Been doing this for a few seasons now.

If flush using the water my boat is sitting in. Some boats flush using the fresh water holding tank, especially boats found in salt water.   Something about the organisms living in salt water make for an extra smelling waste tank.  

• Options
    I think you are right I believe the seacock is in the aft under the aft cushion 
    Turn that seacock valve off and then take hose off dip in a gallon and flush the toilet
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just drain your water tank, drop a gallon or two of plumbing antifreeze into the tank and run your pump through all the faucets, showers etc. Bypass your hot water tank first and just drain it. The smell of the antifreeze clears out of the lines pretty easy, not so the hot water tank.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    pilawam said:
    I think you are right I believe the seacock is in the aft under the aft cushion 
    Turn that seacock valve off and then take hose off dip in a gallon and flush the toilet
    Yes. This is how I do mine with raw water flushing toilet.  Flush until I see pink in the bowl. 

For my water tank (drink/shower) I don't use antifreeze 
  • Options
    I did the water system except the toilet. I am looking to see where the seacock is for the toilet so I can shut that off and pull the hose and input the pink stuff.