Options

342 Macerator

can someone tell me how to use macerator in my 2002 342 please

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's like my boat the controls are under my shifter assembly by the helm.  Make sure the sea **** is open to the ocean, minimum 3 miles out.  No one wants to swim in your poo.   Push button and you'll hear if prime if you have everything turned off and it's quite. 

Keep button pressed until you hear it lose suction.  

Flush the toilet a few times to get enough water to rinse it out. Repeat a few times to get rid of any bit so good stuff left in the boat.  I rinse out with hand soap to keep everything lined and help prevent stuff from sticking to.the walls of the holding tank. 
  • Options
    ggggttttggggtttt Member Posts: 2
    thanks for your input PR,  I don't think I have the same macerator switch under shifter controls,  there seems to be a funky Mercedes Benz symbol looking switch under the sink,  ever see this?
  • Options
    Post up a pic.  I don't have a 342, i do have a boat with a macerator and because I pump out weekly at the RV dump station I likely use my macerator more than anyone else on this site(legally). Mine is rigged to attach to a garden hose to pump out while on the trailer.   None of the rinkers are really made for off shore use and I doubt even our keys living member goes that far out off shore even when the ocean is smooth as glass.   

I would have thought a poop pump button would have a VW emblem instead of a Mercedes as VW has made plenty of crap over the years. 
  • Options
    DanWDanW Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I have a 2002 342 and don’t have a switch like that so I think you’re going to have to post a pic. My 342 doesn’t have the ability to dump overboard at all. It only goes to the black water tank for pumping out. My switch in the head is a red flush button (which runs the macerator and fill pump at the same time) and a toggle under it - one side fill to fill the bowl and the other side to drain the bowl. 
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    1998 Regal 2100 LSR
  • Options
    You want to look in your bilge for a seacock, usually at the stern.   Will likely have a wire tie, zip tie or lock on it keeping it locked closed.   If you don't have one of those you don't have a pump out macerator. 

If you get boarded by the coasties and don't have it locked outside of legal dump zones they could charge you very hefty fines.