Options

fiesta vee 2002 270...hatch wont open..help!

Hey guys..im in a pickle...put the old girl in dry dock..fellow boat enthusiast told me to duck tape the ejection holes.(.mice)..i did it...big mistake..history.....both batteries were fully charged..turned off....when i left...but when i came back,3 weeks later... to check the engine compartment,i was greeted with ...oh crap!...on arrival to the 270..I turned the key...no juice .to the .batteries /,,ignition.??.DEAD..(.nothing.).Said to myself .".no biggy...ill connect to shore power from the neighbors house up there."...done this before,at the dock when we left lights on and batteries ran down..and it worked !...hatch opened right up!,not this time though.. ...well...this is how it went..cords  all connected..to 110..with adapter..shore power light activated and on.thought..all good!!.turned the key...but,no..not this time.. nothing..not even lights on consol lit up.??nothing zero power..but..  only..the little light saying shore power,IS.. connected...??????what the?what to do now.??want to get the hatch open to remove batteries for the winter..im screwed ,unless I dismantle the hatch from the swim platform hinges...and that will suck...somethings amiss...dont know where i went wrong?I know how the batteries ran down..even though both batteries were (turned off)the one bilge pump that still gets power... ran continuously...but was blocked from ejecting the little bit of water that accumulated in the front bow...I could see how it dripped through the duck tape from the new hull stains...but the duck tape held!..good duck tape.!.bad for batteries....i would have rather dealt with a mouse...!crap what a pickle!,,suggestions...

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Turn on the AC breaker for the battery charger. Your panel should show 110v AC and 14v DC on the needle gauges. 

Don’t disconnect or remove the batteries. They will be just fine on board over winter. Even if they go dead it’s no big deal as they are (should be) deep cycle batteries. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    maxwellmaxwell Member Posts: 106
    thanks for responding..I have nothing on the dash..nothing..no needle action..
  • Options
    maxwellmaxwell Member Posts: 106
    Ill try that..thanks...anythings worth a try...I had a mile of extension cords.though too..dont know if that had anything to do with the lack of shore power??..I  was thinking..could be that the first time I had this problem..the batteries..were not fully drained??but this time..that bilge probably went full on for days...
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxwell said:
    thanks for responding..I have nothing on the dash..nothing..no needle action..
    Needle gauge is on the panel. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,568 mod
    Once you turn on the breaker for the charger, you might also need to turn on the battery switch. That’s how they wire twin engine boats.