Options

Fiesta Vee 270 radar arch wiring question

FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
Hi, a technical question for anyone with knowledge of the Fiesta Vee 270 radar arch/tower.
Does anyone know if there is a hole in the port side (as there is on the starboard side) where one could feed electrical wires or cable? Access to the area where I could inspect it is quite limited and I don't want to cut fiberglass if I am unable to drill the requisite hole into the tower to feed the wires...any help is appreciated!

2006 Fiesta Vee 270

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 270 but have no clue-ive pulled the motor out but no answer for that one!
  • Options
    @chrissyscall do you recall a hole in your radar arch port side when installing the new one?
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @diggin2day1 might be able to help, he used to own a 270. 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound and @J3ff also had or still have a 270 so maybe they'll chime in too. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this post yesterday but honestly don't know. I used the access on the starboard side when fishing the cable for a new VHF antenna but never tried the port side. My 2000 model had that goofy curved seat with a garbage can/access on the port side that might have allowed you to get under the arch but I believe the gunwale there was solid. The 2006 was different anyway I believe.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if there’s access on the port side… I used starboard side to run wires as well. You may be able to access it from behind the storage area behind the back of the port lounge seat. 
  • Options
    I am not sure if there’s access on the port side… I used starboard side to run wires as well. You may be able to access it from behind the storage area behind the back of the port lounge seat. 
    Sadly that's what it's looking like.  The storage compartment behind the port seatback has a healthy amount of sealant on it, so instead of dealing with that I'll look at cutting a new access hole on the aft vertical wall of that storage insert just to see what's there.  I can use a small deck plate to finish it up.  If no hole in the tower, then plan B, but if there is a hole then I'm golden.  Thanks to you all!!

2006 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly that's what it's looking like.  The storage compartment behind the port seatback has a healthy amount of sealant on it, so instead of dealing with that I'll look at cutting a new access hole on the aft vertical wall of that storage insert just to see what's there.  I can use a small deck plate to finish it up.  If no hole in the tower, then plan B, but if there is a hole then I'm golden.  Thanks to you all!!

Instead of doing all that work, why not just drop it down the starboard side and into the engine compartment then over to your port side. 
  • Options
    Because I already have the anchor light power, VHF radio antenna cable, XM antenna cable, courtesy light power cable, and TV cable, so she's already pretty full. 

I could ditch the TV cable (and antenna) but would like to keep it there for future use if possible.
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing if it's that important you can remove it to create the channel and openings you need? Mine is bolts, not glassed...I'd guess they all are for the most part on our boats.