Options

2006 Rinker 390 with diesels

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
So, it is sad to say, one of our most loved boating couple that we have known for a while, is selling their boat.  This is an opportunity that I really hope someone I know will take advantage of.  I know this boat very well and the owners have always had things maintained right.  I actually considered selling our boat to buy this one.  Extremely clean.  I don’t have a ton of pics yet, but she is very clean.  Lift kept, no bottom paint.  I believe the price is $160k, no broker involved yet.

Here is a list of some of the big items done going back to 2020.

—New stbd HCU; and
—New dual isolator battery system.

—New Bluetooth audio system;
—New Garmin GPS map with touch screen (12”display), radar, and transducer;
—New VHF/GPS radio and external speaker; and
—Rehubbed props.

—New vent hoses;
—Replaced aft and mid bilge pumps and float switches; and
—Repaired hatch lift.

—Full drive service;
—Replaced front and rear fuel cooler hoses;
—Replaced raw water hoses—gen intake and AC intake;
—Replaced shift cables;
—New spotlight with wireless remote;
—New aft AC; and 
—Replaced stbd alternator.

They do a fairly extensive spring service every year which includes the standard oil change for engines and gen, oil and fuel filters, racors, impellers, engine and gen zincs, etc.

She also is painted.  So none of that chalky hull or tons of work waxing.  

Here are some pics:

I can get anyone more info or I can provide your info to the owners.  This is a very clean boat.  Even @LaRea will acknowledge that.  This is a very special boat that is turn key, pampered, ready to go.  She burns almost half of what mine does.  And yes, she easily cruises at my speed, as they follow me often.  Gets about 25 gallons per hour at 26-28 kts.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking boat and package I have pretty much the same D6 engines. I know they did some IPS back then, but this is looking V drive. Is she V drive?
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Actually she has Volvo stern drives.  I believe this is why she has the great performance.

• Options
    Not to sound like our old friend Handy but most of the good performance is thanks to diesel  :) I get pretty much the same on vdrive but I am 370s. I am pretty active on boat diesel.com and lots of guys on there with the DPI stern drive and D6 setup like this. Read lots of good things about the package. Very efficient and reliable. Your buddy has done good, I can see that he upgraded the strainer lids to the modern lid which is essential. The old plastic screw tops were not reliable and when they went bad sprayed the engine room with rawwater. He has the very reliable and water tight upgrade that is now standard. Nice job 👍🏻 

• Options
    Thanks @Liberty44140. I don’t know what you are talking about, but I know they did anything they needed to make sure things were up to date and reliable.  This boat went in most of our 19 day trips with us.  Only issue they had was bad fuel once.  That may have been when they upgraded. Money was not spared with this boat.

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    Oh man, for $160k somebody should jump on this one.  DI's not lying when he says it's a clean boat.  That paint job is something else!  
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    What volvo drives are on it?

• Options

@tricountytrail It has the D6-350 Volvo Penta Diesels.  Here is a little link on them:

New Volvo Penta D6-350 and D6-370 models: Diesel engines with real high-speed potential | Volvo Penta

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sending the link of that boat to the admiral,  she's looking for Christmas present ideas for me.  
  • Options
    tricountytrailtricountytrail Member Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:

@tricountytrail It has the D6-350 Volvo Penta Diesels.  Here is a little link on them:

New Volvo Penta D6-350 and D6-370 models: Diesel engines with real high-speed potential | Volvo Penta

The question is what drives? Are the they volvo composite drives the ocean x drives or the regular duo prop?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Sorry, I thought you were asking about the motors.  I asked the owner what they are & I'll report here when I hear back.  I do know they have not had any issues at all with the drives since buying the boat new in 2006.  I should know what they are as I've helped winterize years ago and see them up on the lift, but I just don't know much about Volvo.

oh, I do remember it has the duoprop (two props for each drive). 

• Options
    ok, found out they are Volvo penta D6-DPH drives.  So, looking that up online seems to say the duoprop designed for diesels.

• Options
    I've never seen a D series (D4, D6) volvo diesel with a composite drive. Always metal, duoprop, DP series (DPH, DPI, ec). I dont know much about the drives as I am V Drive, but I have 2007 D6 engines and can probably answer most questions about the engines. What is in the 2004 article that Dream posted is pretty spot on, all of those positives are true. 

• Options
    Well, last chance.  I think it goes to the broker to list next week.  For anyone that is even thinking about it or has a friend that is looking, this is the last pic taken in the fall before shrink wrapped right there on the lift.  The plastic comes off this week and she is ready to go!

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a beauty! What's next?
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    They have been in boating for over 30 years and finally at the age where it is a bit much to handle.  No doing other things with cars.

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    30 years of boating are pedestrian numbers
  • Options
    FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    rasbury said:
    They have been in boating for over 30 years and finally at the age where it is a bit much to handle.  

Just kidding!  One should be so lucky to have 3 decades on the water...

But honestly it always makes me sad when someone steps away from something that (presumably) makes them really happy.  I hope they get a quick sale and more importantly I hope that they have plenty of friends like you so they can still get out on the water to ease that transition. 

Once thing is certain, someone is going to get a really nice boat! 
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270