Options

Which do you prefer

TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
Needed to remove the door to the panel cabinet to do some wiring and while it was off felt like the cabin was more open and thought it looked pretty good without the door - with the exception of the bottom third which is storage. So I cut a mini-door out of some black HDPE.

What do you all think? Keep the old door, or leave it open with the new HDPE mini-door?

OLD:

NEW:

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new.  Very clean install, and that door wasn't doing much anyways. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks cool! The 270 is not in a cabinet and open...but that look is real 'modern" looking. Nice!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I think I'll keep the new look for this season and see how I like it. I did do it in a way that I can always revert back to the "OEM" look if needed.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d leave the door on. I like the wood better than lots of switches and leaving the panels open makes it too easy for someone to help themself to a switch or for the switch to get bumped in to. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I’d leave the door on. I like the wood better than lots of switches and leaving the panels open makes it too easy for someone to help themself to a switch or for the switch to get bumped in to. 

@Liberty44140 makes a good point.  While I really do prefer the new look much better, if you normally have passengers (especially kids) on board that is definitely a consideration.
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    Agree about the kids comment. For better or worse, both of ours are now in their 20's so ease of access to the stereo to switch control of the Bluetooth connection has become the priority. Not too worried at this point about switch-flippers.
  • Options
    oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭
    Tonyg13,

It looks good, but I would move the fire extinguisher to another location. I will post a pic where i have mine install close to the small a/c vent in the port side of the bed behind the wood panel which it hide the main curtain.  
  • Options
    @TonyG13- id put some plexi behind the opening and leave it- 
  • Options
    FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    rasbury said:

Plexiglas door?
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Options
    rasbury said:

Plexiglas door?
    Well, I was assuming the door is still there but only a border of it left? The plexiglass,  if I have the door right, would be permanent to that..then you can see the gauges and breakers at a glance..