Options

Boston Boat Show

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
The Boston Boat Show is usually in February but this year it was January. The show was the best its been in the last 5 years. Lot's and lot's of vendors. IMHO the boat builders are pricing the average person out of boating. A 32 foot Galeon with twin outboards for $1.15 Million. Grady's and Formulars over $1.25 mil. Small ski boats 4 and 5 hundred thousand. Plus I hate the "new" styles. No swim platforms (because of outboards) and the helms inside the salons. Just not my style. Every time I go to the boat show I apricate my boat more and more.......... Just say'n
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to buying one of those boats in 15 years for $300k  :D:D
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,570 mod
    edited January 15
    @raybo3 did you go on the Galeon?  Reactions? 

I got a courtesy tour of a Galeon 55 and the build quality of the interior was superb.  The woodworking, fittings and attention to detail are outstanding, but the engine room pi$$ed me off.  Even on that giant motor yacht, the only way to perform basic engine inspection and maintenance is by crawling on hands and knees.  
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,461 admin
    @LaRea no I didn't go on any boats. That 32 foot boat is no more than a 29 or 30. For that kind of money it should have gold door knobs. That boat should be no more than $150K.  Boat prices are pricing the average person out of boating. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Current level of pricing is insane. We looked at a 287 Chaparral at Chicago boat show last Jan. Boat show special was $191,182. For that much money only had 6.2 in it. Crazy.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice thing about the high prices of new boats is the resale value of our (well kept) Rinkers should bring a decent price if/when we decide to sell.
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Agree on the resale values being nice but anything used is crazy expensive too. We have been looking to upgrade for awhile & come up empty.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho