Options

2005 410 battery charger and fusing

goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if there any 410 or 400 owners out there that have replace their original battery chargers. The old charger is wired into the isolator and there doesn't appear to be any fusing on the other side of the wires to the battery banks. I am wondering if there is fusing or breakers at the battery with panel. I can't get at that panel as it is under shrink wrap. I am wondering if I should put three fuses at the wiring going to the battery banks. Maybe someone knows if there is breakers at the switch panel and maybe I don't have to do this , thanks. 

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The breakers are at the panel. I expect that your boat is wired similar to the 350/360. Power goes from charger/isolator to the charging breaker and then to the battery switch and then battery. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Thanks YYZRC, I don't remember seeing any of those trip style breakers but there are some round resets. I will wait until I can get at the boats panel before I order any extra fuse blocks. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    @goalie59 I have the same trip style in my 400.  I installed a Pronautic charger many years ago and have had no issues.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Thanks Dream_Inn, I think the breakers are there as it is a 2005 and I think it was code. Once I confirm I think as you say I will be okay just to wire the new charger into the isolator .