Options

Which parts?

I'm trying to get all the parts I need but am very hesitant because there are so many out there that say they are for my boat with such varying prices. They specify part numbers but I don't know what part numbers I need until I remove the old part.
I have a Mercruiser 5L MPI Bravo 3.
E.g. this impeller in the photo seems cheap. It says its for my boat but is it really? Or is a cheap imitation?
Is there a parts catalogue?
I'd really welcome your expert advice (again!)

Comments

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use the Merc parts lookup tool. Have your engine/drive serial number ready. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    TickledPinkTickledPink Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    I wish @Alswagg was still around.  He was great at telling us what aftermarket parts he would recommend.    Pretty sure pump impeller wasn't one of them.   

I usually get the OEM part number/price from the online look up and call the local mercruiser dealer. If they have it for the same or close price I'll buy local.   If they mark it up a stupid amount or it is a back order item I'll try to find an OEM online dealer 

I'll pay a dumb price if it's not available anywhere else or I need it yesterday 
  • Options
    MH342MH342 Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
    I’ve had good luck with StayCoolPumps products on Amazon. I’ve run their kohler impellers and just put in their Volvo 5.7 impeller.  Generator impeller lasts about 2 seasonsish, probably the same I should expect from OEM.  We’ll see about the engine next year. 

I figure a decent impeller that’s easy to source and a decent price that I’ll replace regularly is better than something harder to get that I won’t replace often enough.