Options

Who needs a rebuilt Hardin Marine seawater pump?

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
The number of pumps I have is one, and I need that number to be zero.  You should make this pump be not here any more.

[EDIT:  Fits Mercruiser 496 engines.  Bolt-on replacement for the OEM pump.]  

No reasonable offer refused.  Brand new bearings.  Steel pulley pre-installed.  Includes wear plates, impeller and gaskets.  Be a hero ... have a spare pump for when your pump fails.  

Post edited by LaRea on

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    hmmm, I have a spare pump, but is one enough?  I also feel that one of the pumps currently installed is possibly having its threads get stripped (when I changed impeller last month, one or two bolts was tough to get tight - although retapping up a size could help?).  Not sure I want to go back to a steel pulley, but helping out a friend help me out is a good thing.  I'll see if anyone else needs it first, but I could help out if needed.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @Dream_Inn - if you re-splice my 8-plait anchor rode tight enough to fit through the gypsy, I'll give you the pump as an even trade!  ;-D
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    LaRea said:
    @Dream_Inn - if you re-splice my 8-plait anchor rode tight enough to fit through the gypsy, I'll give you the pump as an even trade!  ;-D
    I always like a challenge!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the pulley just press-fit to install? 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the pulley just press-fit to install? 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Yes, press fit.  I can remove it if there's someone who wants to fit a different pulley.
  • Options
    A new home has been found for this pump.