Options

Black tank float sensor upgrade

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if Rinker’s have this type of tankwatch4 system but I’ll put it out there anyway. My holding tank gauges have never worked. It’s easy for me to see the tank under the floor of my main salon so I didn’t care but decided this year I’d like the gauge to work. So first thing was to pull the floats and soak them for a few weeks in an rv waste sensor cleaner solution that I bought on Amazon. After a week this did nothing so I chipped off all the crystallized urine and cleaned up by hand, yuck, and soaked again for two weeks, cleaner still did nothing but hand clean got them in decent shape. Put back in to the boat. The empty/low float worked a little, mid didn’t work at all, full worked great. Makes sense that full worked great as it was in new condition already, apparently I never let it get full.

Complete new float assemblies plug and play are $400 and I’d decided that just wasn’t worth it. Again I can very easily see the tank in the main salon. Then I talked to a friend at a bar after working on the boat two Saturdays ago and he said I can buy new floats individually. What? Yep was able to buy 2 for $60 each and all works perfectly now. Win!

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)