Options

New project for the summer

oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG?! Seriously?! Are you doing the rock star thing and going on tour? :-)
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Land yacht!  
  • Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    edited April 3

Much nicer than cousin Eddie's
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Very nice
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    edited April 3
    admiral and I decide to do some cruising on land. I am going to follow LaRea by land. 
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice @oscar1 !!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @oscar1 why didn’t you get the flashy one?!
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    edited April 4
    YYZRC, It was a deal, I can not pass, Plus today days RV are very bad build. I am planing to go to Canada, and Alaska, so I need a company (prevost) which has bus repair facility everywhere. 
  • Options
    It is amazing @oscar1 - please keep us updated on your route as there are many of us that would love to meet you!
  • Options
    I will post the new journey here. The new land Yacht *aka* by LaRea, still at marathon doing some upgrade of the interior design request by the admiral. I can not believe how difficult is too select a fabric........
  • Options
    Is that new from a dealership?  I thought you'd buy used and upgrade it like your Rinker!   :)

What are you doing for internet access?  We need updates when you are on the road. 
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5
    Awesome!  You'll love it.  We bought a Monaco class A diesel pusher recently.  We put 800 miles on it over Spring Break.  
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    edited April 5
    LaRea, No, I bought my Rinker brand new, But like everyone here, I keep adding more stuff to make her very seaworthy and more comfort for us underway, in my opinion it is almost impossible not to be adding several different project to our Rinker when you can read weeks after weeks about everybody new ideas to improve our boats). In other hand I bought the Land Yacht *aka* used from Tom Berenger (remember Sniper). I can not justify paying 2.5 millions for a new Coach even these used coaches are very costly and because she is used the admiral is working with marathon to do some interior and exterior upgrades to fit our needs and use some of our prefer interior color, then she is going to Prevost to get her chassis complete maintenance, and replaces every single chassis component like brakes, air bags, konni shock absorber, etc, so she can be ready for our trip to Alaska which is going to be done by small trip at the time leaving her in different storage location, so we can flight back home for couples weeks between travel time. we are planning to start rolling in August and for internet I am going to use Starlink like you and YYZRC are doing in your boats, by the way when are you casting off for your adventure of a life time. 

Post edited by oscar1 on
  • Options
    johnny44johnny44 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    As a body of work, I would argue Major League over Sniper…but that’s just me.
    2008 350 EC -- Greenwich Bay, Rhode Island
  • Options
    We're starting our adventure on July 3rd but we won't get as far as Alaska!  That is a really beautiful coach.  Congratulations!
  • Options
    Our boating here in my area was getting a little boring,  I only put 29 hours during last year season, so we decide to do something different this summer. 
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnny44 said:
    As a body of work, I would argue Major League over Sniper…but that’s just me.
    Nope definitely Sniper 😁
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    My captain seat.

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭✭
    Now you need to make it look as good as @LaRea's starship helm! :D
  • Options
    finally starlink was install today 
  • Options
    Marathon is working to add a new GPS and a front dash-cam.

• Options
    It look that I will be very busy learning the new circuit in the future. It is just one wall....... 
  • Options
    edited May 2
    That wiring panel makes mine look like a toy!  I see what looks like a lot of digital switching.  Can you control things from a phone?
  • Options
    captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Thats alot of wire
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oscar1 said:
    It look that I will be very busy learning the new circuit in the future. It is just one wall....... 
    What the???  Are you running a nuclear submarine?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited May 2
    The coach has probably thousands of miles of wires running everywhere inside and outside of the unit. La rea, I don't know if i can use my phone to control the system, because the coach has two apple iPad  to control almost everything in the coach inside and outside. I am still on face1 of the learning process.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    @oscar1 That actually looks like a lot of fun!  Things were done very neatly too.  I used to love using microcontrollers to do about anything you wanted.  I think I could retire with a rig like that and just play with that stuff all of the time.  Enjoy!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 534 ✭✭✭
    Makes my head hurt just looking at it ! 
  • Options
    That wiring is almost as clean as what Rinker did...
  • Options
    Pat310 said:
    Makes my head hurt just looking at it ! 
    MEE TOO