Options

Hot water heater 2002 342FV

l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Hi all.....Went to boat last Saturday having been away for about 3 weeks. Went to use hot water and only cold water came out. Did get hot water after we took boat out for a cruise. But back on shore power no more hot water. Could someone please tell me EXACTLY where to find the hot water heater. How to access it. What should I be looking for to solve this. Breaker on panel is on.

Any help would nice.......

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Hey Len when you use your boat the hot water heater will draw engine water and through a heat exchanger heat the hot water. Open the engine compartment and the hot water heater is located on the starboard side right in front of the fire wall. It looks like a square box with a wire and hoses going to it. If you look at the unit you will see a square black plug. The first thing I would do is pull the plugs apart and clean the connections. If they are to bad to clean you can just cut them out and use butt splices. If that does not work you will need to check the heaters with a meter. Good luck and keep us posted...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raybo is right on. The 120ac connector has been known to go bad. Just so you know, if the tank is not full of water when you turn on the AC power, the element will burn out pronto.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

Thanks guys for the info... As many times as I have been in the engine compartment I never noticed the hot water heater. I do have a meter on board and will check heater with it and check the plug. to check the element with  meter I should get some kind of reading? If its bad will meter read zero?

Len

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the element is bad it should read s zero.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thanks B-D. That's what I thought.