Options

Time to upgrade my gauges?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27
    While my trim sender has not been working, I'm in pretty shallow water most of the time...it would be nice. As far as actual running and positioning the trim, that you can just feel. I looked for you tube on installing, lots of out board installs which I understand is similar, I need step by step...I'll keep looking. It seems like the way to go. What about making it removable? I don't want to upgrade the pos that has my gauges with vv!

On the trim wires, which I did install new ones, there were I'm sure two bullet connectors from the sender side, if the anaog/digital are on the harness side, maybe that why I couldn't get it to work, plugged in wrong? Ugh...does the ignition power come from/go thru vv? If I turn tge key there is no power...so I'm pretty lost. Which is normally how I start everything...
  • Options
    Hit the brakes. If I put my gauges hack in and have problems I can trouble shoot- these computers I'm screwed. I might look at vs mobile to pull engine info- that might be something I'll look into after I get going again.
    Thanks for all the input!
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing to troubleshoot. The VV is plug and play for engine data. It is only add-ons (trim, fuel) that may require some fiddling. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Trim I had some comments above, fuel..if I have to get to a sending unit at the tank, the generator sits right on top of it...
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tap the fuel sender wires anywhere between the sender and the dash.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Ok..vs back in the picture. I'm so 😕 
  • Options
    So I'm going gauges...I have the new dash panel and will get to the boat and make sure it fits before gauges get ordered. The wires were cut right behind the gauges- which there are two pigtails so they have been unplugged to make new ones so for someone that create those, will not be expensive to replace and get me going. I still need the panel for the rocker switches- have not been able to find that on great lake site...
  • Options
    @LaRea that panel was the perfect fit, thanks.  I took it and left it on the boat...thought I'd go back to your link to get the gauge hole sizes...but is no longer on their site. Must have bought the last one-
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,587 mod
    Good!  Yes, probably the last one in captivity.  Glad you snagged it when you did.
  • Options
    I will have to figure out a new rocker panel panel....I was waiting at jury duty and I think I reached the end of the internet. At least I have something to use as a panel. Just figure out what to use. I'm thinking some clear plastic painted a gloss something on the back side...