Options

342 cabin refrigerator

John41John41 Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
I want to remove my cabin refrigerator to see why it’s not working. Has anyone done this before and might be able to guide me on how to pull it out? 

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news / bad news. Good news is that getting the unit itself movable is easy, there are 3-4 screws on each side of the door in to the flange. Pull those and it comes loose. The bad news is that you'll get it out 4" and feel something holding it in. What is holding it in is the power cords zip tied up back there. So, you need to also pull the power panel above the fridge and you'll see that under it is a bunch of cords zip tied up. You need to cut the zip ties to get those cords free and then it should slide out. Always possible you are lucky and your cords are free, but thats what I had to do on my 06 342. Then re zip tie as you see fit. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Yikes!!! Nothing is ever easy on a boat. lol
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 880 ✭✭✭
    I was lucky with my 330.  It was heavy and awkward, but pulled right out.
  • Options
    DanWDanW Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I have 2002 342 and I recently removed the fridge to repair. As others have said, relatively easy to slide it out. Getting it outside the cabin was much more difficult. I removed everything I could from the fridge (door, trim pieces, etc.) and removed the rubber trim around the cabin door. Even then it barely fit through the door. Good luck!
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    1998 Regal 2100 LSR
  • Options
    DanW were you able to repair it or did you replace it with a new one? I was to slide it right out. The fan was running but the condenser wasn’t kicking on. I’m going to try hitting it with some Freon.
  • Options
    DanWDanW Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    It was tough, but I was finally able to find someone to repair it. It had a small refrigerant leak. I didn’t want to buy a new one. Mostly because I didn’t want to have to try to find a new one that fit or have to make major modifications to the cabinet. 
    2002 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee
    1998 Regal 2100 LSR