Options

electric power on port engine 360 ec

hello i have i 2005 rinker ec 360. i have no power to my port engine and since there is no power from the helm ignition switch, the engine hatch has no power. Can some please assist. i have tried checking breakers and so forth.

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can power the hatch lift from the two poles located by your main battery switches, should be towards the aft by the seating.  Just jump a battery to the poles, it will either go up or down, if wrong, reverse the connections.  Sounds like you have a dead battery(ies).

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    allstar11allstar11 Member Posts: 2
    well i got the hatch open,  but i still don't have any power on that side at all
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you check the breakers by the battery switches? 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I can only tell you what happened to me once.

Same thing, port engine.  The problem stemmed from a pinhole in the insulation on one of the main cables that take power from the batteries on the starboard side, to the port engine.  And this cable along with its buddies were routed along the bottom of the bilge and spent a lot of time in bilge water.

Being in a salt water environment, the wire corroded in two where the pinhole was.  It took a long time.  The first signs of the problem was on starting, the battery voltage on that engine was no longer quite up to the 13 volts, going progressive lower as time went on.  Eventually the engine would not start at all and finally there was no instrument panel activity when I switched the key to "on"

The problem was discovered and the cable was replaced and the entire set of them was raised to the top of the transom where they should have been in the first place.  Rinker has no doubt discovered this was a bad way to route these cables and for sure must now do it correctly.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342