Options

Engine Hatch 280 EC

After removing the two batteries for winter storage I was unable to operate the hatch electrically after hooking up one the of the batteries to the exterior terminals.  Does anyone know how to operate the hatch with an external battery and no internal batteries??

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try reversing your connections?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it can be done, question is can you afford it!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    pepmysterpepmyster Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    It should have worked after hooking it up to the external connectors. I will be doing the same thing in 2 weeks(finishing the winterization).

All I've wanted was to just have fun.

• Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Try plugging in your Rinker to shore power, then turn our battery charger on, then just use the lift like normal. I stopped using batteries a long time ago. I just plug in now.
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Oh Yea...I don't remove the batteries at all... I just disconnect the ground cables. Just make sure they are fully charged.... I use to take them out before, charge every month, and this didn't lengthen the battery life at all or make a difference in the batteries. Batteries don't freeze in your car do they....they won't freeze in your boat either...
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    edited September 2013
    This subject came up on the old RBO. A friend on mine had a 34 foot Silverton and he left his batteries on his boat for the winter. In the middle of the winter his fuel tank leaked out 300 gallons of gas. He had to pay for all the clean up and his boat insurance would not cover because they said his boat was not fully decommissioned because the batteries where still in the boat. He was lucky because his home owners covered for him. Just thought I would share this story.... BTW it was about $18000.00
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    s2559bs2559b Member Posts: 4
    Capt Ron

You are correct. The battery  charger can operate the hatch without the battery.  Thank you!