Beach Chairs

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don’t think we’ve had a discussion on this. I’m in the market for new beach chairs for the boat. I would like to get the type that collapses down like an umbrella so they can fit into the transom locker (what I have now, they’re getting pretty worn) but open to other options that can easily be stored. Quality and cup holders are a must. Let’s see what you got!

2008 330EC

Comments

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭
    We have a pair our son got us for the boat, I’ll check the brand.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have the collapsible chairs that have the shock on them so you can rock and lean back a little. They are super comfortable. We went to our local sporting goods store and tried out about 5 of them. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    This is what we have. Folds nicely. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

5 years supply of boxers, socks, ties and hankies!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might be right @Ian !
    I shouldn’t get my hopes up….
    2008 330EC
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭
    @aero3113 C’mon man,  It’s 8:06am on Father’s Day…. We want to know what’s in the box!!
    Sweet!

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 263 ✭✭
    Thats awesome
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭✭
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a couple similar chairs like that, just another brand.  The little "cooler" section on the left arm isn't really useful for keeping drinks cold, it ends up being the trash can hahaha.   And my chairs are basically a XL size.  MUCH bigger than standard chairs, even taller than them.   
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17
    Only add here is that beach chairs and camping chairs belong on the beach and where people camp, not on docks! We have folks who put those chairs on the pier and the entire family is taking up public dock space rather than sitting on their boats. Can barely get by them and they moan and groan when a dock cart full of weekend essentials comes up. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, thats not right !
    2008 330EC
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liberty44140 inconsiderate “dockers” are the worst kind of people. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    I see this all the time and it drives me crazy. I try to make several trips past them just after they get settled from the previous pass just to prove my point.
    Have to admit I've done the same! I remind them that the dock is a walkway, not a parkway.... not well received! One weekend we all did a big trip to Canada and we were all on the same pier and of course, out come the chairs. No joke 4 policemen showed up  with flashlights on them and were seriously yelling at them to get their chairs off of the public dock. I laughed my a$$ off thanking the officers and telling those folks that not even Canada wants their chairs on the dock. 

My marina is mostly a floating trailer park. I wager that less than half of the “boaters” leave their slip other than for pump outs. 
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    The Marina adjacent to mine is loaded with 40'+ boats that go in in early May and dont move until haul out in October. We call them the Asphalt dwellers. It will be the hotest day and they are parked at the picnic table on the asphalt, they even bring an inflatable pool and sit in it all day. Makes me wonder if they dont have the skill to move the boat from the slip or what the situation is. These guys have the pump out come to them rather than venture over about 200'
    We have a couple of those Earl, I'm always impressed that their boats fire up twice a year as they are not even starting them periodically. I have older parents that only leave the dock once a month or so so I understand just using the boat as a place to hang out, it's the lack of engine use that always surprises me. When my elderly in laws had a boat that was really their floating condo I would still get it out every 4-6 weeks and up on plane to run things.

earl1z19 said:
    The Marina adjacent to mine is loaded with 40'+ boats that go in in early May and dont move until haul out in October. We call them the Asphalt dwellers.
    Us Canadians refer to them as “dockers”. 
    Man are they nice in Canada….  :)

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,659 mod
    It's funny where the beach chairs topic has taken us.  To stay off topic, I'll comment that those using the chairs or sitting in the asphalt are at least using their boats.  There are so many people in my marina that just never use their boat at all.  I feel guilty when I get down to the marina and only sleep on the boat in the marina all weekend.  Doesn't happen too often, but it does happen. I had my boat out on plane in the Chesapeake on March 2nd this year.  I also feel a bit guilty putting her away the last week of October, but I really enjoy relaxing by the fireplace when weather gets colder/rainy in November and I watch some college football.  But those 8 months of the year, there may be 2 weekends we don't use our boat.
    I don't have beach chairs, so can't help out with that one nor do I sit on them in the marina.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At tge few marinas I've been at here in fl I don't recall seeing anyone sitting in chairs- kind of wish they did so I'd have a chance to meet some other boaters- where I live the marina has to be at least 60 boats/sailboats and you never see anyone out- probably to dang hot for most.