Anchor chain 410

MojosBoatMojosBoat Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
We lost our anchor and chain and a large portion of our rope in a storm last weekend on our 410. Does. Anyone know what came on it from factory as for as size of chain, length of chain, and anchor weight? I need to replace all of it. 
ALL IN AGAIN, 410 FV Twin 8.1 H/O MPI, V-Drives , 

Comments

• goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    I will check this weekend. I replaced my windlass and rode a couple of years ago. 
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,741 mod
    Ouch, that is harsh.  Did you buy the boat new from Rinker?  If not, you should check the windlass that is installed on your boat to find out what it needs.  Who knows what a previous owner might have installed.  
  • MojosBoatMojosBoat Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    It is the original windless. 
    Looks like 5/16.  I looked on the anchor for a weight but couldn’t find anything. If I remember properly there was 50 ft of chain and 100 ft of rode. Hope this helps. I do have the original brochure at home and it may have the anchor weight. I can look when I get home. 
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭
    You have to absolutely check the windlass and look it up from the manufacturer. Chain is very different even though it may measure as one thing it can have different shapes and be the same size.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    goalie59 said:
    Looks like 5/16.  I looked on the anchor for a weight but couldn’t find anything. If I remember properly there was 50 ft of chain and 100 ft of rode. Hope this helps. I do have the original brochure at home and it may have the anchor weight. I can look when I get home. 
    Thank you. That's what I thought but wanted more conformation before I ordered something. 
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,741 mod
    There are multiple sizes of 5/16 chain.  If you get the wrong size, it will skip a lot and eventually damage the gypsy.  I'd look for markings on your windlass before ordering.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn what size chain and rode do you have? Is the chain BBB? 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,659 mod
    @Dream_Inn what size chain and rode do you have? Is the chain BBB? 

I just can't remember.  I believe it may be BBB, but not sure.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

This is right out of the 2005 Rinker brochure for the 410. I also attached another pic of my chain that has a stamping on it. I hope that helps. 
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭
    When i got my anchor stuck and had to buy a new rode for my boat i got a decent lesson on the various types of chain out there.  Might want to check out this article.  The Difference Between HT Chain and BBB/Proof Coil Chain – Anchoring.com.  There really isn't a substitute for looking it up by your windlass.  1/4 in BBB, HT, G4, G43, G40.... lots of options out there but they all arent interchangeable.  My 342 had a Lewmar 600.  Which is now obsolete.  I replaced it with a Lewmar 700.  Once you find out the make and model windlass it is pretty easy to find out the chain.

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    Well now he has the weight of the anchor and length of chain and rode , he says the windlass is original so maybe it’s time to change it too. 
    goalie59 said:
    Well now he has the weight of the anchor and length of chain and rode , he says the windlass is original so maybe it’s time to change it too. 
    Thank you for all the info. It still has the original windless. When I get back this week I am going to take the gypsy apart to verify but I believe all your info is spot on 
    I have a horizon 600 windless with an Rc0860 gypsy. Looked up the specs and is says 8 mm chain. Same as 5/16. Can't find so far if it's a Bbb or HT style. Any ideas? 
    That was the windlass that was original to my boat before I replaced it. My chain is original , I just replaced the rode four years ago and kept the original chain. If you look at the one picture in the previous post it is marked 3b witch stands for BBB. So you will be good  with that in 5/16 if you are using your original windlass. 
    goalie59 said:
    That was the windlass that was original to my boat before I replaced it. My chain is original , I just replaced the rode four years ago and kept the original chain. If you look at the one picture in the previous post it is marked 3b witch stands for BBB. So you will be good  with that in 5/16 if you are using your original windlass. 
    Thank you for your help. That is what I ordered. Now just have to wait for it to arrive..