height of 312 on trailer

282boy282boy Member Posts: 1
Hi, does anyone know the height of a rinker 312 on a trailer, or without the trailer? Also does anyone trailer their 312? Just need to know whether the radar arch needs to be removed or not. Thanks
Post edited by 282boy on

Comments

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    With the arch down you're going to be under 14 ft and "legal" on most standard trailers although you may need to take down any additional antenna/light fixtures.  You'll still want to check bridge heights as your going to be about 13 ft.

Too big of a boat to tow regularly, my boat is 2 ft shorter, about as high, 6 inches narrower and lighter by maybe 2k.   I trailer nearly every weekend but it's not something most people would do.  

If there are no lower bridges to pass under or low hanging trees/power lines you can get away with not lowering the arch.   That is if you're not worried about being street legal.   I do not bother pulling permits but I only tow weekends/evenings when the dot patrol isn't out.

I can't even keep my fishing poles in the rocket launchers running from the ramp to my parents place around the corner without snapping them on tree limbs.  

10ft wide means you're in over hanging trees to stay in your lane if there's any passing traffic.  Once off secondary highways and onto unpainted back roads, it's all white knuckle. 

I have a hard top that is about 13 ft.  Any time I plan on towing a different route I run it before hand to verify I wont have any issues.  

Lost my spot light and all around light the night I brought it home due to trees. 

You can call the county and complain that low overhead hanging trees or brush damaged your "camper".   Took about 6 months but now all the secondary roads I travel on are much less stressful to tow down. 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    My 2003 310 with arch in place but TV antenna taken off cleared the 12’ my hauler wanted a few years ago. Depends on the keel height on the trailer.
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's interesting. I would have thought the 310 with arch up was taller than my Bayliner 2859. 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭✭
    The trailer sat her low down.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/