PSA: Check all your bilges (Rinker 410)

Just a general reminder to check all your bilges for water. We have a 410 and suddenly started getting water seepage under the forward berth. Turns out the air conditioner condensate has been draining into a pump which stopped working and it overflowed. Replaced the pump and thought we were done… nope, a couple months later the water is back. Turns out there is another bilge further forward which has no outlet and no pump. All I can figure is as the boat was up on a plane some of the water started sloshing back out. Had to suck it out with a shop vac. Now I’m going to keep an eye on it to see if there’s some other water intrusion. Why Rinker made these bilges with no outflow, pump, or access I’ll have no idea.

Comments

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not standing water, that's a hidden bait tank.   When life gives you lemons...
  • goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    That’s weird. My forward ac condensate pan drains out a through hull on the port side of the boat. It is a pain in the a$$ as you have to clean out the through hull regularly because crap gets caught in the clam shell style drain. My rear ac drains into the shower sump pump. 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • FireflyFirefly Member Posts: 6
    Yeah it's a weird setup. The forward drain pan actually drains into a shower sump pump like what you describe which then pumps out a through hull. But ours failed and I never thought to check it. I’m hoping that’s all it is, we may have had a year’s worth of water in there because I never thought to look. Won’t make that mistake again.
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you guys have your shower sump wired to a manual switch?   
  • goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    No I don’t but that might not be a bad idea , especially because it sits under the aft bed and the admiral always gets pi$$ed off when I mess up the bed sheets. Ha ha 
    Post edited by raybo3 on