Sea-Doo 180 Challenger

YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
Picked up a 2009 180 Challenger as a fun little day boat for our 9 year old. We aren’t leaving the dock as often now - overnight is tough with a one year old. 

I removed the hull graphics and will slowly tweak it - it needs new upholstery and some SeaDek. 

The boat market is normalizing fast up here - I would say we will be back to pre-COVID pricing by spring. 
2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay

Comments

• captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 262 ✭✭
    Looks like fun. Did you have any issues getting all the adhesive off when removing graphics? We are in process of redoing ours & can't get 100% off. Can't feel anything but in direct sunlight area behind where graphics were is cloudy.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shockingly I had zero issues removing the 15 year old stickers. They peeled right off in one piece with zero effort. I was shocked!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,658 mod
    That's an awesome looking fun toy!  I like it without all those graphics.  Looks to be in great shape for 15 years old.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

edited July 26
    Whats does it have for power?
    Post edited by captkevin on
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
    4-TEC 255hp supercharged 1.5L 3 cylinder. 

Does about 45mph wide open. 
    Sounds like a nice addition to add lots of fun.
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys seen any of the challenger repower videos? Guys are purchasing them with blown motors and tossing outboard brackets on them.  
    Take a mediocre hull and add a bunch of weight too far back… odd choice but what do I know?!
    Got new upholstery (only the bow and rear seat cushions done so far), EVA foam decking, and a new Bimini top. Almost done the custom dash with Simrad Cruise 9 to slot in. My first real attempt at gelcoat work - not perfect but not bad. 

• TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice color combo!
    Looking good. What kind of flooring did you go with?
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
    edited September 4
    It’s China EVA. Found the seller on eBay. I really like the grey/white combo. Nice change from the usual grey/black. 
    been looking at doing our boat. Looked at the ebay offering. Thinking about it. Are you happy with it?
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    Any "before" pictures of the dash?
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270
    Any "before" pictures of the dash?
    Not my boat but same dash:

edited September 5
    captkevin said:
    been looking at doing our boat. Looked at the ebay offering. Thinking about it. Are you happy with it?
    I dealt with a supplier called Komin Foam. They were great to work with. I made a deal off eBay conditional on me receiving the CAD template upon payment so that I could modify it. I am never happy with the usual gaps/spacing. I remade the template and added pieces as well. Turn-around time was reasonable given the custom work. Shipped by UPS and took 4 business days.

If you want, reach out to Gavin (gavinxu@kominfoam.com). You can tell him Ryan with the Sea-Doo 180 Challenger in Canada referred you.
  • Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Looks great. Yeas ago I had the Challenger 1800 but didn't hold it for long as I wouldn't keep it in the salt water for more than a day or two.
    Rinker sold but still have other boats        Eastern LI, NY