16k btu AC

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,659 mod
So, 5 minutes ago my front AC died.  We are heading out for 10 days on the boat in a week.  I’d love to hear who thinks what is the best.  Top on my list is a fiberglass tray on the bottom.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,659 mod
    Oh, anyone that is up drinking tonight, I appreciate your quick response.  I’m ordering something in the morning. FYI, Annapolis cruiser is right around the corner, so I’m hoping they will have quick shipping 

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    MarinAire. Fair pricing vs Dometic. @aero3113 has one. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,497 admin
    Here is the one I had installed on my 342. It's a little larger but much "beefier" than the old one. Had to retrofit the hoses and duct but works great. Cools the boat in no time.
    Marine Air Conditioner - 16,000 BTU - Webasto - FCF0016000GS (marinepartssource.com)
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2
    The unit I bought is really nice. It has a plastic case and pan so it will not rust. and it's so much quieter than the old unit. I did have to play with how the blower duct attaches but wasn't a tough install.

https://www.marinaire.com/Marine-air-conditioner-16000-btu-230V-p/msba16c2.htm?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwh7K1BhCZARIsAKOrVqHeA9gaGSF_B2OEnsEl9x9PPdPzai94jDuojGdXL4LVSBJ4W4zIhREaArHzEALw_wcB

2008 330EC
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m really happy with my Dometic Turbo 16k w sound shield but it was way overpriced. MarinAire wouldn’t ship to Canada. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
    You guys are awesome!  I’m going to look thru them all and will let you know what I buy today.  Thank you!

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would 100% do the Marine Aire one that has built in guages, remote and wifi setting. Being able to monitor and adjust from home would be awesome as would being able to see the gauges. My main cabin AC unit is very close to my keypad so easy for me to say as I believe I would have to re run some wiring. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

I purchased the marine aire.  It should be here in time to install and have great AC for our boat trip next Friday.  Thanks everyone for your quick responses!  The unit says it has a stainless 316 bottom pan, so I guess that will be ok.   The one that Raybo bought says it’s stainless with epoxy coating, which could be better.  But I like the gauges.  WiFi doesn’t matter as the boat is on a lift. 

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really want to make it rust proof remove the pan, scruff it and put a couple coats of POR on it.   
  • oscar1oscar1 Member Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
     I just replaces my with Dometic Turbo 16k
    Hey @Dream_Inn the one that @aero3113 linked you is 208-230 volts. Make sure you get the correct voltage....... Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    WOW!  Thank you @raybo3.  I just sent them an email and will call at 9am tomorrow morning.  As an electrical engineer, I should've noticed.  I'll blame @aero3113 , LOL!  It does not look like it shipped, so I sure hope I can have it changed before it ships.  Man do I feel stupid!  Hopefully I can still get is shipped and here in time to change it before our trip!  (Of course the upcoming storm may delay us a day or so anyhow).

@Dream_Inn good luck and keep us posted
    Oh no!!!! So sorry for posting the wrong link! I saw @raybo3 ‘s post and was biting my nails.
    2008 330EC
    When I went online to change order, it said it either shipped or is in processing and can’t be changed.  An email said they’d send a tracking number when it was sent, which didn’t happen.  I sure hope I can get this changed.  I’m kicking myself still for doing something so stupid!  I didn’t pay enough attention using my phone while ordering from the boat Friday morning.  Nothing I can do right now, but it still gets to me.

ok, I was actually able to cancel the order.  Only issue, they don't have the 120VAC in stock.  They have refurbished ones (I'm not really game on it, but he said they are basically new and with warranty) that he is going to get me a price on.  I may check out what @raybo3 got and see how quick that would come in as well. 

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running the Ocean breeze 16k unit.   It's a little loud but it's also under the v berth with zero sound dampening.   It has an option for reverse cycle heat or a heat strip.   

I just ordered the Webasto unit that Raybo listed (& it's the correct voltage :smile: ).  It will get here Wednesday, which is great.  I don't need the remote or wifi that the MarinAire had and the warranty is better as well.  I'll be happy when it is installed and working.  Great news is the weather will be cooler later this week (with rain).  So at least maybe I can run the rear AC for just a little, then shut it off and do this in a decently cool cabin.  Rear unit can't run while I'm working on the front since they both use the same pump (unless I somehow plugged the front line, but I'll just man up and get it done!).

Thank you everyone!  Especially Raybo for pointing out the 208V!

@Dream_Inn the Webasto has a remote...... Just say'n Good luck with the install and keep us updated.
    well it is now installed and ready for our trip.  Let me tell you, that air conditioner was a PITA to put in!  It is the 4th time I've installed one and this one was just different enough that I had to make many adapters.  It is in right and works really well.

@Dream_Inn the guy that put mine in said he had to make a trip to Home Depot to get adapters. The unit if very beefy but we have had a heatwave here with temps over 90* with very high humidity and at one point my cabin was 61* lol. I'm very happy with it.
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,741 mod
    Every AC I've ever installed required at least three trips to Home Depot!  Glad you're up and running.  
    Thanks guys!  We are anchored right now with genny running both ACs.  Cabin is 67 degrees.  Will be turning off shortly for a nice night.

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just glad to hear that what you needed was at Home Depot and was accessible. That’s great! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Glad it worked out @Dream_Inn !!!! ⚓️
    2008 330EC