Need Parts

Dprice97Dprice97 Member Posts: 2
edited August 23 in Rinker Support Q&A
I am in need of Cowlings for my 2007 Rinker 226 Captiva Bowrider. They are the ones that cover the engine vents, and the bilge blower vents. My boat is Black. Mine are all cracked and broken. I'm willing to go with anything Factory, aftermarket, or custom built. Somebody PLEASE help me.

*I have tried all the On-line sites and no one has them. I'm hoping that someone has dealt with this issue on their boat and will have an answer. These were a VERY poor design from the Factory.
Post edited by Dprice97 on

Comments

• captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 263 ✭✭
    Try greatlakesskipper.com
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,741 mod
    Welcome to the forum.  Can you post a couple pictures?  
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately they are no longer available. Any good body shop that deals with fiberglass can fix them for you. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Dprice97Dprice97 Member Posts: 2
    Cableguy Greg - Unfortunately these are plastic and can't be repaired by my fiberglass/gel coat repair guy. 
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 753 mod
    I had a red 2008.  A crack migrated from one of the mounting holes all the way down essentially cutting the red side cowl in half.  I tried looking for more a few years ago with no luck.  I was able to get some acrylic adhesive and bond the 2 halves together with additional acrylic blocks added to the back side for reinforcement.

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dprice97 said:
    Cableguy Greg - Unfortunately these are plastic and can't be repaired by my fiberglass/gel coat repair guy. 
    I wish someone had told me you could not use epoxy and fiberglass to repair plastics 20 years ago.  I've put together countless broken Walker mower hoppers and John Deere hoods over the years.  
  • mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 753 mod
    Plastic welding is also an option.

Mark 
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme