Must hit restaurants in DC/Arlington area

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
Going to be in the area this weekend with my wife and two friends for a short adult getaway. Are there any restaurants that are decent? I’m sure there are many. My wife and I are partial to places that locals go that aren’t in touristy areas. Not looking for national chains. 
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,741 mod
    I didn't get a chance to try Gordon Ramsay's new restaurant over at the DC Wharf, but that's a neat area worthy of a cab ride.  Kinda touristy but everything's beautiful and new along the waterfront.  Or if you want to visit Old Town Alexandra, try The Wharf on King Street.  We've been eating there for 30 years.  I always get salmon encrusted with horseradish ... delish!  
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,659 mod
    My wife and I really enjoyed Old Town Alexandria.  Great area to walk around and lots of good local places to just stop in for a bite.  

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,741 mod
    Where did you end up going?
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We ended up at Old Ebbitt Grill by the White House one of the days and we went to some Asian fusion place at The Wharf the next day. Never made it to old Alexandria, so we will hit that up the next trip. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!