Fresh water/galley pump

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
Having figured out my pump for the fresh water supply seems to be toast- is there anything to check/reset? It's not that old and it just has not been used to the point I'd think it be done- and is a west marine /170 ....I'm searching now for a replacement but dang....

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked the filter in the pump? It’s possible it’s clogged not allowing it to pump.
    2008 330EC
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 4
    Remove pump.   Carry pump to small bucket.   Get short length of hose and put inlet of hose in water.   Wire directly to battery.  We run a cheap eBay version of our pumps on my bosses lawn chemical applicator.  Usually the pump doesn't fail but the pressure regulator does.  When it fails it makes the pump not work. We replace them a few times a season.   

Also... ****....this storm hit my area worse than Hugo did 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clipped tge wire and hit it with juice and it just kind of sparks- it does not turn at all. When we are on the boat I usually just leave it on- galley sink has a little drip so over and hour or so it will cycle for a second- it really does not get used much. I ordered another one and have it, amm the same specs,  closed motor and sold as rv/marine use for half the price...