Oil filters

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you guys aware that there’s a high efficiency oil filter available from Quicksilve?


2008 330EC

Comments

  • captkevincaptkevin Member Posts: 578 ✭✭✭
    I am now. WIll have to look & see what i have in inventory 
    2004 232
    2021 Yamaha Fx svho
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was surprised to see the label, I didn’t know as well.
    2008 330EC
  • YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that imply that I’m using low efficiency quicksilver filters today? Bummer. 
    2006 390 EC
    2008 350 EC
    Georgian Bay
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol!
    2008 330EC
  • Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    GM 454s and Motorcraft FL 1A are my combination. Being a Ford guy, have to at least have something non-GM 😆
    Rinker sold but still have other boats        Eastern LI, NY
  • grouch0jrgrouch0jr Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    Are there benefits to a high efficiency oil filter? I feel like I've never seen that in the automotive realm either.
    2006 342EC - Twin Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Horizons
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @grouch0jr the label says:

    High performance synthetic media removes over 97% of oil contaminants versus 78% for conventional paper
    element filters.*

    Who knows if it’s a marketing gimmick thought 🤷🏻‍♂️
    2008 330EC
  • grouch0jrgrouch0jr Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    Oh, I didn't see that claim right there on the side. I just looked up the high performance variant (35-858004Q), it's about $10 more. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
    2006 342EC - Twin Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Horizons
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s all I ever used on my boat. I always changed the oil in the fall no matter how many hours. The member that lived north of the boarder turned me on to those filters when I got my 280 back in 2014. Super knowledgeable guy. His name escapes me right now. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it Brian @Cableguy Greg ? I don’t remember his handle.
    2008 330EC
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Was it Brian @Cableguy Greg ? I don’t remember his handle.
    No it wasn't Brian. It was @Michael T. He was great at doing research on different parts for our boats. He is a great asset to the forum. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,616 admin
    @Michael T still visits the forum but he doesn't post as much as he used to. Great guy and very knowledgeable. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
Sign In or Register to comment.