Options

2001 Fiesta Vee 340 CD changer hole left in boat

The Clarion CD changer in our boat quit working, so we replaced the whole system with something that will work with an Ipad. We are now left with a hole under the new stereo unit. Does anyone have any ideas what to do with this hole? Or perhaps where to purchase the vinyl that was used to cover the interior walls?

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would put a black plastic cover over the hole, securing it with velcro, then I would add a 12V, 120V and auxilary audio jack on the cover - so it becomes a utility point.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    dorothyoncayugadorothyoncayuga Member Posts: 21
    Now that I am thinking about it, I can take out the drawer under the dining table, and look under the seating area, and see if there is some vinyl down in there, that I could cut out. I could cut a piece of Luan and cover it with the white vinyl and then somehow get it to stick in that opening. I do like the idea of a power point outlet in that cover, too. However, we did just get one of those new outlets that also doubles as a USB port. Husband is installing it over by the sink area, to plug our iPads/iPhone into. See photo. Also, we switched out the GFI under the bathroom sink, to an interior GFI with a built-in night light. Super nice so I don't trip over the threshold in the middle of the night anymore!
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Now that's cool. Built in usb charger hmmm. I say use Boomers sign idea as a cover and keep the plugs and cords outta sight.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl