270 galley pump on but no water at faucet

laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
On my 270 I turn on the galley pump for fresh water and can hear pump running and confirm pump is running in engine bay. I turned on all 3 faucets and zero water only a spit of antifreeze from last season winterized. I fill with fresh water just to level out boat and now I want to empty the tank before I pull boat for season . All the valves are on - thoughts ? Thank you 

Comments

  • laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    270 galley pump
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, make sure you have water in the tank. Try to bleed the hot water heater at the valve. Sounds like you might have air in the system.
    2008 330EC
  • laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Aero3113 thank you for quick reply- I'm figuring also air in system- unfortunately I have no hot  tank it was eliminated a few years ago. Thank you 
  • grouch0jrgrouch0jr Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    Check the strainer between the tank and the pump. Mine has a clear cover and I can see if there is air or water in there. If mine has air, I can crack the cover open to let the air out and prime it.
    2006 342EC - Twin Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Horizons
  • grouch0jrgrouch0jr Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

    Here's what mine looks like.
    2006 342EC - Twin Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Horizons
  • laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    I will definitely take a look at that screen - mine I think is mounted to the side of pump - thank you
Sign In or Register to comment.