Engine Warning Alarm

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
As mentioned in my other post, my port engine warning alarm will only sound when the starboard key is on. I was doing some research today and read this below. It’s possible that Rinker only installed one buzzer and it’s spliced to both engines. If they installed diodes at each wire, one can be bad.


2008 330EC

Comments

  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭✭✭



    2008 330EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7
    I was organizing some of my parts this morning and saw this sync module that I saved from when I replaced my gauges. It looks like the diode and coil would be in it. Crazy how I just came across it, forgot I even had it. This just sits behind the dash connected to the sync gauge. If this is my issue, should be an easy fix. Hopefully it works.





    2008 330EC
  • grouch0jrgrouch0jr Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭
    edited October 7
    Has it always been like that? If I turn mine on at the same time I can hear 2 distinct beeps.
    2006 342EC - Twin Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Horizons
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t 100% say yes or no. I say that because I do get an alarm that sounds when I turn on the port ignition but it’s my depth sounder. And they sound very similar.
    2008 330EC
  • grouch0jrgrouch0jr Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭
    Can you kill 12V power to the helm from your main panel, then check?
    2006 342EC - Twin Mercruiser 350 MAG MPI Horizons
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think I can.
    2008 330EC
Sign In or Register to comment.