Briggs and Stratton aka mud motors fuel pump retrofitting
PickleRick
Member Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen lots of these motors on the open lake recently on decent sized aluminum flat bottoms.
Had a scag tiger with 30 hp briggs come in, same/similar motor used on these mud motor set ups.
Came in for a non start situation. Wasnt pumping fuel. The idiot engineers designed this motor with a mechanical fuel pump, costing over 200 bucks, mounted in the valley below the carburetor making it difficult to access. Due to it being failure prone your new one might not last long.
After a little digging and online research i found an OEM solution that briggs tech likely wouldn't offer.
These motors also come in a pulse fuel pump application.
You'll need a mounting bracket and fuel pump. I cant remember the fuel pump mounting bracket price off the top of my head, the fuel pump was about 60 bucks
You'll need to drill and tap the intake manifold in an nice factory optioned flat spot for a 1/4 barb to 1/16 npt fitting
This is much cheaper and reliable than the factory mechanical pump.
I'll try to list necessary part numbers. Cost is a fraction of the original mechanical pump and requires fuel line rerouting. I left the old fuel pump in place. Part numbers will be listed Monday
Had a scag tiger with 30 hp briggs come in, same/similar motor used on these mud motor set ups.
Came in for a non start situation. Wasnt pumping fuel. The idiot engineers designed this motor with a mechanical fuel pump, costing over 200 bucks, mounted in the valley below the carburetor making it difficult to access. Due to it being failure prone your new one might not last long.
After a little digging and online research i found an OEM solution that briggs tech likely wouldn't offer.
These motors also come in a pulse fuel pump application.
You'll need a mounting bracket and fuel pump. I cant remember the fuel pump mounting bracket price off the top of my head, the fuel pump was about 60 bucks
You'll need to drill and tap the intake manifold in an nice factory optioned flat spot for a 1/4 barb to 1/16 npt fitting
This is much cheaper and reliable than the factory mechanical pump.
I'll try to list necessary part numbers. Cost is a fraction of the original mechanical pump and requires fuel line rerouting. I left the old fuel pump in place. Part numbers will be listed Monday
