Options

Fiesta Vee 242 Propeller

Hi everybody, just got a used 2001 Fiesta Vee. Which propeller would fit best my 242? I use it on saltwater, over 6 adults most of the time.Right now it has a 16x16P 3 blades. Hard to get it flat and straight with more than 2 adults.

Comments

• Options
    onexl85onexl85 Member Posts: 12
    What did you wind up useing for a prop, I’m having the same problem with my 242
  • Options
    prgrod01prgrod01 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I've got what i assume is factory 20P

2001 242 5.0L Bravo 3 ration 2.2

I almost always use the trim tabs even with 2 people, and when i'm up to 6 adults it's a struggle and need to move people around. The good thing is I can get a nice cruising speed of 40km\hr at about 36-3800RPM no problem on a light chop.

When it's on the rough side she struggles to stay a constant speed and stay on plane my hand never leaves the throttle.

Like all things in life it's a trade off I suppose: lower pitch would give better speed and on plane control, but less cruising speed efficiency when it's mild and going reasonable distances. 

I'm happy with the set up I got, I have played with props on my ski boat in the past... the prop sizing calculations using factory and actual measured WOT speeds does work, so take a look there as well.

Cheers,
    Rod
    2001 Rinker 242
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    My ( used ) 2000 FV242 Bravo3 2.20 outdrive 5.7L came with a one 21P and one 22P props. It came out of the hole like a rocket, then would hit the rev limiter even before I got to WOT. I contacted Cindy at Rinker, gave her my HIN, and she told me it came from the factory with both props being 3 blade, 24P. Thats what I run now. I cruise around 30 MPH @ 3500 rpm, and have hit 48 MPH down river, alone, empty with half tank of fuel. Planes off with 2 adults no tabs, 4 adults with tabs, with no problems. I can put the other props on if I have more people and want to make sure I can plane off. 10 minutes with the boat on the trailer, and a prop wrench!!