Options

Fresh water system

we where not able to make work the water system, we fill the water tank with fresh water, but the sink the one that is in the main cabin and the one down never work,also the one inside the lavatory. the toilet works perfect.

Answers

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    1. Welcome to the forum
    2. What year and model is your Rinker? (we're guessing without that)
    3. A manual toilet probably fills/flushes with seawater. Is the fresh water pump motor running when you open a sink valve?
    4. If not, is the dash switch on and is there 12v at the pump. Check the breaker too.
    5. If the pump runs but no water then look for a valve/ shutoff/ disconnected line
    That's all I have. Good luck and let us know what you find. Mike
    Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Welcome to the forum!  I think Tiki covered the bases.  Your toilet probably does not use the fresh water.  You can usually hear the fresh water pump run when you turn the faucet.  Check the breakers and then check at the pump itself.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your toilet uses lake water - and works off the 12V battery. You have to turn on a switch called galley pump to get fresh water to your sinks and fill your water heater.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    If you can hear the freshwater pump running, then you Might need to prime the fresh water pump - if the water system was run dry last time it was used, then you have air in the water lines and will need to prime the water pump by filling the freshwater tank to overflow then open the faucet ( hot and cold) furthest from the freshwater tank and get all the air out of the lines then open the next faucet until all the air is purged from the lines.
  • Options
    tiochecotiocheco Member Posts: 4
    thank you all for the help im going to try prime the fresh water pump and check the valves the boat model is a 260 ec 2013 
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somebody here had a great idea in purging air from just about any system by using a shop vac rather than just depending on an internal pump that might be challenged with low levels. Good old common sense.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Griffs_AboardGriffs_Aboard Member Posts: 15
    Have a good one. Winterizing my Rinker 290ec today; I dropped a small piece of garden hose into the fresh water fill hole while filling with anti freeze. Any suggestions how to remove the piece of garden hose without cutting the two inch flexible pvc?

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet might be to pull the sending unit. Going to be a PITA. 

funny to see a 2013 post back up and TikiHut’s name!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    Or disconnect the fill hose from the inside, you might get lucky and be able to pull it out. You’ll probably lose the antifreeze you put in but no biggie.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disconnect it at the freshwater tank and blow compressed air through it?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worry about it in the spring. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Get a wire coat hanger and stretch it out and have a small hook on the end, slide it in slowly and see if you can hook it and pull back out. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet might be to pull the sending unit. Going to be a PITA. 

funny to see a 2013 post back up and TikiHut’s name!
    I was going to say the same ... I was like, WHAT??? He's BACK??? Then I saw the date ....

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"