Options

So....how many hours have you put on your boat this season?

So far about 50....boat comes out Oct 26.... hoping on a couple more nice fall days.

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got in about 40hrs. Done for the season here.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    100, we went out almost every weekend. Only missed 2 that I can think of.
  • Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    edited September 2013
    More than last year but still not enough!

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 50 hours. But most were in the first half of the season. Weather sucked (mostly winds) in second half.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Just over 50. Still planning another couple weekends.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 20. The weather in Pittsburgh wasn't the greatest for boating this year.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I have about 60 hours, but have in 80 days so far that we were on the boat.  Some of those days we took day excursions in the car, but I figure spending 80 days a summer on the boat was a great year for us.  I'll try to outdo the days next year.  The hours never matter, because boating is not only about moving to me, it is sometimes best spent just floatin'!  :D
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    We only put on 20 hours this year... the weather this summer was terrible for anchoring out.
  • Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    About 50 hours this year even with crappy weather and rivers too high and trashy too often. Took the last ride on Saturday on the Ohio near Beaver, PA. Did the oil change and anti-freeze on Sunday. Still need to do the final clean-up, remove everything and cover her up for the long nap until Spring.... :((

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    GSL, Great insight on engine running hours vs hours on the water. It'd be very lopsided for us as well due to the floatin' time spent at about 20:1 vs time at the helm.

As for our most recent season from June 1st to Sept 1st, our time is a huge goose egg = 0. After a lifetime in the Fl sun I just put it away and wait it out until I can't stand it any longer once the broiler turns to high and the monsoon rains begin down here. As usual that ends around labor day so we're back at it and our 9mth season engine time will be about 50-60hrs and our "floatin' time" will be around 1000 hrs.

Here's to "floatin' time", at least as much as we can fit in.  B-) Mike

AAHHHH..pass the rum

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Floatin' time is great..and cheap!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Got in about 30 hours motoring and probably 60 hours anchored .  Several days with small craft warnings kept us in near sheltered coves. Fall here has better water conditions but I am back to work :( 
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Just hit 400 hours today. Her first splash was mid June 2010. So after next weekend we'll have completed almost 4 seasons. We average about 100 hours each summer.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Just hit 50 hours yesterday, and it'll be up for the winter in another week or two.

I wish it were more, but the summer was very wet & cool up here in Michigan. This was our first summer boating too, so I am A LOT more confident now, and we'll probably do 2 or 3 long trips next year.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nhsd said:
    About 50 hours this year even with crappy weather and rivers too high and trashy too often. Took the last ride on Saturday on the Ohio near Beaver, PA. Did the oil change and anti-freeze on Sunday. Still need to do the final clean-up, remove everything and cover her up for the long nap until Spring.... :((
    You were lucky this year because Pittsburgh's weather sucked this summer. I still have mine in and I am hoping to go down for the game tomorrow. I am holding off on pulling mine until the 21st.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    we put on 60 hrs and 904.9 miles
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
  • Options
    MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    I had 30 hours this year and 25 hours on my generator 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Not nearly enough..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I ran in the neighborhood of five hours on one faria, and 21 on the other... :-D

My deal is simple: prep, launch, run to sand bar or bars on waterfront, retrieve, flush, wash, stage and antagonize on what I'm going to do to it next... Pontificate about that here, repeat.. change the oil more than I should, fiddle with stuff until its broke and needs to be fixed, fix it, pontificate about how to do it better next time, and repeat that...

That's a lot of boat hours just for shy of thirty operating hours, no?
  • Options
    TietsortTietsort Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    We probly did around 70 hours so far. But we are very lucky our season goes from January 1st to December 31st. .... Got to love the weather here...
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love if we had that type of season, but the change of season is nice too. I just am done with winter on Jan 2nd....
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Still in the water here in CT but likely pulling in two weeks. At 75 hours but many more floating hours and lots of overnights at the marina. New places visited included cuttyhunk and menemsha this season. We should have had many more hours but this summer was the summer of weddings, 6 total. Now the long winter...
  • Options
    sharpiesharpie Member Posts: 2

bought a new 246 Captiva late June and put 51 hours on this year. Would have put on more but the end of July, beginning of August weather at the Lake of the Ozarks was brutal. Flooding everywhere!!!

• Options
    bubbariley1bubbariley1 Member Posts: 11
    just picked ours up a few weeks ago at a boat show....ended up with almost 10 hours run time. Now she is being put away for the winter....so happy I bought this boat!
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    100 hours this year. Currently at 618 hrs. So about 100 per year. Changed the oil today too. :-)