x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Michael, We are looking at the bow sidethruster for our 300 I went to the manufacture in Ottawa to have a closer look at the system that is installed in front of the boat, my first impression was it seems to be well made, but it looks a bit weird hanging in front of the bow. The price is more then half of a real bow thruster around 4800$ compare to the estimate we got from two marina in Ontario for up to 14000$ and there is no hole below the waterline. I read all the review that I could find and found no negative comment on this system except the way it looks. And it is a DIY job. Paul
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013

Pretty interesting for my 270 bow with it's abundant freeboard and a single prop. As a trailer boat that thruster would be a potential problem when I load. No easy answer for my app. Mike

Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

RY, good question - bet the company would have a fast answer. I was actually thinking of your boat  and your thoughts on getting thrusters when I heard about the guy from friends. If it will handle 40 and 48 foot searays it should handle your boat too. Hmmmmm MT

edited November 2014

x

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    edited September 2013

RYMT (hmm, I think I could come up something for that acronym!  Are You EmpTy?  Or, put DI in the middle and say R You Dream'Inn MT??  )...you both are funny!

As far as bottom paint, here is what they said for maintenance:

Change the anodes once per year to protect your investment from corrosion. Ensure that the air line is in good condition and secured in a dry location. Ensure that the bow and stern thruster mounts are properly secured to the boat and tighten any loose fasteners. As required or when you repaint the hull, paint unit with anti-fouling paint... That's it!

:x

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Goods28Goods28 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    sideshift is an excellent add on for the single screw boats. i added one to my 270 and it works great. saves the wife during docking.
    edited November 2014

x

• JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    You got your wife to dock the boat?? Mine just sits there and says "are we ok? are we ok? are we ok?"

or

"Going a lil too fast?!?" to which I answer, "We're going ONE, any slower is ZERO!!" LOL

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
    edited November 2014

x

edited November 2014

x

• andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Bow thruster - a guy spending his wedding night in a V-berth!
    :))
    edited November 2014

x

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...