01 rinker 212 stainless prop help

Just purchased a 2001 rinker 212 special edition with a 5.7 and am looking to upgrade the aluminum prop to a stainless.  Any advice on size?

Comments

• 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh boy... I feel for you- I just went through this... luckily for you, I run an '05 captiva 212, and likely is a very similar if not duplicate hull design.. I'm considerably powered less, though, with a 4.3l/190hp...

what gear ratio is your leg?

I finally rested on a 22p stainless steel three blade 14.25" diameter 'turbo1' by precision... it is a vented prop, which spools up off idle and out of the hole like a 21p... I'm really happy with it, and I got a stupid good deal on it.. If I had my absolute perfect selection, though, it would be the same prop a pitch shorter, still vented, (21p instead of 22p)...

you could likely turn the vented 22p perfectly, or a similar geometry 21p un-vneted..

that is my recommendation for you, and assuming you're running a 1.6ish gear (as opposed to my 1.8ish gear but powered less) : 22p Turbo-1 by precision in stainless steel, vented, 14.25" diameter three blade.
  • nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    On my 2002 212 with a 5.0 carbed 220 hp engine I am currently running what I understand to have been the stock Quicksilver Vengence 13.75 x 21 pitch 3 blade stainless. I also have a 14.25 x 21 pitch Turbo 1, but find it just a touch too much for my engine/outdrive combo when I get a little weight in the boat. It might be a great prop for you with more power, but obviously a lot depends on the outdrive type and gear ratio. Mine is an Alpha I with (I believe) a 1.61:1 gearing. I think Drewactual has an Alpha I with the 1.81:1 or some such ratio. With a 5.7 I kind of assume that you either have a Bravo drive or an Alpha 1 with the 1.47:1 gear ratio. If a Bravo, please disregard my post. If the Alpha 1, the Turbo1 or the Vengence at 21 pitch would probably be a pretty good fit and you can find used for sale pretty decently priced.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tell ya what, Dave, you swap the 21p for my 22p turbo 1, and then sell him my (now your) 22p turbo1, and we'll all be set!!

:-D

B-)

:ar!
  • burtoncmuburtoncmu Member Posts: 2
    gearing is an alpha 1.47