Options

320 TV Cabinet Door

SerenitySerenity Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
I have a 2005 320. I now have one of those sliding doors for the TV cabinet with the small TV mounted inside. I see in the 2006 and newer models Rinker went to actual doors with the flat screen mounted onto it. Does anyone have a picture of the door assembly with the hardware and how the TV is mounted to the door? I want to upgrade from the small TV I have now in the cabinet plus when completed-I will have extra storage in the cabinet behind the TV. Thank you everyone for all the help and suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    I can take closer inside and out pictures of mine later this week.

LG
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I agree with Yan.  This will keep everything matching.  You can also buy a bracket that the swing out will slide into.  What this does, is it allows you to also put one on the arch and be able to move the TV from below to up in the cockpit.  (I did this on my 310 and worked extremely well - had many people copy it).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did exactly what RY mentioned. I mounted the swing out TV stand on the aft wall of the tv cabinet. I can get some pics over the weekend if you want.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thank you guys. Yes please Black_Diamond-post some pictures. that would be a great way of using the space. Thank you.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Hey Serenity,I have a picture of the door install on a 2013 EC 310. The door for the TV in that model is NOT flush mounted it is mounted "on top" of the surrounding cabinet - sort of like a kitchen cabinet door. My picture is no where near as good as the professional photo shoot by Life's Good but if you want to see a different set of hinges for mounting, Rinker used a piano hinge on my install. Go to the Electrical posts part of this site and look up the post called  Powered Adjustable TV Splitter and click on one of the pictures I posted. Good Luck. MT
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Thank you very much everyone. These pictures are exactly what I needed. looks like another winter project.
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    I installed a 22" Flat screen in place of the 15" Rinker put in the cabinet. The four mounting screws lined up with the new tv perfectly. Instead of buying an expensive dual power tv I invested in a DC to AC convertor that I plug into the 12V outlet seen in Life's Good photos.. works great.
  • Options
    Also check into the Naxa brand TVs for the AC/DC type.  I've bought them for the last two boats and they work very well.  As Ron said, the converter is also an option, but the Naxa really is pretty decent price for no concerns on power.

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    DI is right on about the Naxa. I have 3 friends with the 110v/12v Naxas. Two have the 22" ers and one has the 24" er. I think the 12v/110v may even come in a 26"er now. They have dvd units in them and are very low draw LEDs too! There are also other good brands available. Many of them have hdmi, av and usb inputs too. You can get them all over the place but my friends have bought them at vivaladeals and roadtrucker. the TVs arrived on time and were a great price. Good Luck. MT
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Mine is the 24" with the DVD built in.  Very low current draw which is great because I installed a 12V cig lighter for it to plug into.  Very nice not having to use the generator for a little TV action.  Just the other week we had a big raft up and someone asked how I had the game on without the genny going (well, a few others showed up as well and were impressed with the quality of the picture).  I got the best price last year at bundlecity.com

• Options
    I did change the antenna to a bit larger, but any antenna should pick up digital.  I think you are in a tougher area to get over-the-air.