Options

Standard Horizon unit in my 2013 276CC?

I wanted to add the depth/fish finder transducer to my unit but I was told my unit won't accept a transducer. Is that the case? I figured I could just add the transducer to the current, in-dash unit? Has anyone added a fish finder tho their 276? If so, how, what brand and where did you mount it?
B. Burns

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Not sure, but here's the manual:

http://www.standardhorizon.co.uk/files/CP180&CP300_16.60 O_e121211.pdf

I was kind of bummed that it doesnt have a NMEA 0183 input for fuel tracking, but it as GPS it served me well this summer.
    Post edited by JoeStang on
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    bubbariley1bubbariley1 Member Posts: 11
    I actually think Rinker might be switching to Raymarine? The SH GPS unit seems ok, but my C120 I had on my fishing boat was much better....The SH will do as far as GPS goes....going to add a small, color Garmin over the winter...will post pics when complete.....
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe Rinker is switching to Raymarine C-90 units. You can upgrade to the touch screen/joystick hybrids - the new E series E 95). The C 90s will have NMEA 0183 capability. The E series will have NMEA 0183 and 2000 capability. I believe that you will still have to order a specific transducer friendly model if  you want that but they don't cost much more. The C 90 and E 95 should both support fuel tracking etc. West Marine usually has them in stock and you could look at one close up if you want. :-) MT
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    The SH CP180i does have 0183, but its output only. So, you can hook it up to a MercMonitor or Floscan to get real-time MPG, but it doesnt do some of the stuff the newer NMEA 2000 units do.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3