Options

Filler cushions

I keep seeing filler cushions for the rear transom seat on a 2005 rinker fiesta vee 270. Was this an option for the boat to convert the back seat to a sun lounger. Besides having them custom made where can I get them? Would,make a great spot to sleep on. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a great spot to hang out with a few pillows and a book. Our '04 270 came with the 2 lounge seat filler pieces. The fwd edge rests on the lip that's molded into the back wall of the port side cockpit seat. As I recall the aft edge of each piece has a pair of short rods that rest on the fwd edge of the rear seat molding in an indentation.

A quick call to Rinker would be my best bet if I was looking to replace them. I'll see about getting a couple of pics and rough measurements if that'd help.

Hope that description made sense. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Wow thanks that would be great
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 260 EC I have the same system. If you take off your seat cushions on your benches you will see a ledge moulded into the compartment walls. Two posts rest on each of these ledges to support the filler cushion.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Thanks again! If you have any pictures that would be great. If I have to have them custom made pictures will help
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Here you go. Good luck. Mike (disclaimer: check your boat for consistent measurements as this was done early this morning after only one cup of coffee)

Here you can see the indentation/ledges that the cushions rest on. Also notice above that the top edge has a delron strip of material about 3/4" sq along the edge. The half moon cut out fits around the side step on the port wall.

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay getting back to you. Wow! You went above and beyond!! This will give me a great lead!
  • Options
    Glad to help. Good luck. Mike