Options

End of 2013 Season

We purchased our Rinker 290 in August and it seems like such a short time on the water.  Next year will be a full season on her and I'll have the winter to come up with a name.

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    welcome to the site & a great looking boat!  Winter is a great time for boat name thinking!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the new boat...she is a beaut It took us six months to figure a name.... we ended up with the words that came out of our mouths at the same time when we bought the boat  "Y Knot"...
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Anyfive said:
    We purchased our Rinker 290 in August and it seems like such a short time on the water.  

Always seems so short of a season.  We got 90 days on our 290 this year, which is my all-time high.  Loved every minute of it.  Good sized boat for everything.  Would love a 342, but the 290 is just perfect for us.  I have a 2004.  L-Shaped dinette.  Yours the same?  
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    AnyfiveAnyfive Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Nautie Bonnie

Yes our 290 has the L-shaped dinette.  I am looking for a fridge to fit behind the helm seat.  We could keep our drinks on the upper deck and food in the tally fridge.

Anyfive
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyfive, you have a nice looking vessel. The 290 is a good looking boat. I would love to find one and convince the wife to let us move up. She is almost there... I always liked the layout of the 290 and the queen sized bed in the aft cabin.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Hey Anyfive.  I found that the fridge was going to be an expensive upgrade.  What I did was add one of these: 
    Waeco CF-18.  Low energy use.  Set the temp and forget.  
    I also like the portability of bringing food back and forth from home (2 hrs.) in the car and keeping it cold and safe.  If I had to do it again, I would have bought the larger one, and then built a roller tray to have it roll in and out of the area where the cooler area is now.  Lately, I use it only for ice, so I set it to freeze, and I never have ice melting on me.  I hate spending money on ice that I have to dump the water overboard at the end of every other day.  But, if you are looking to keep drinks cold, then a fridge would probably be best.  We drink mixed drinks, so the ice was more important to us.

The 290 is a great boat.  Though I would love a 342 for the extra room, it's a lot more boat to move around.  The 290 has adequate room, is pretty quick, still gets up on plane without issue with ten people aboard, and with a top end of around 45mph, gets you there when you need to get there.  And fuel mileage is not atrocious, so you can afford to get back.  
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    gslpro 

Thank you for the input.  I looked at the Waeco CF18 on line and noticed they make a 2.3 cu fridge also and Kooltron also builds portable coolers and fridges.  We are only a few minutes to our slip so a built in would be better for us.

• Options
    Cableguy Greg

My wife and I started with a Rinker 250.  After spending a couple weeks on board my wife saw the benefits
    of a larger boat. Hence the 290.
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Hope you have big batteries... Kooltrons and other similar products use more energy than the new fridges. I would go buy a new fridge from an RV center instead of a marine store... they sell their fridges cheaper than marine stores.
  • Options
    Cpat Ron 

Yes I've been looking at RV shops online. But yet to go to an RV shop.
    I will put a RV show on the list with boat shows this winter.
    Thanks

Anyfive