Options

Boat Shows

KYSEANKYSEAN Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
Anyone going to the Louisville Boat show in January? I've been going the last couple of years and always have a good time seeing whats new. Sean 
2012 Rinker BR216 5.0

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Boston boat show is in February.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    AnyfiveAnyfive Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Toronto Boat Show Jan 11-19 and Detroit  Feb 11-19
    I look forward to see whats new find some deals. 
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    I went to the Miami boat show once... I don't know how they could call it boat show, all I saw were 100 to 300 footers with a huge display of helicopters you could buy for your boat... do they really have the smaller more affordable boats at that show...I didn't see any and was pretty rushed going through the show?? would love to go back again...awesome show.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a mega yacht show just up the road in Ft Lauderdale that sounds like what you saw. Less interesting for middle America aside from the immensity of everything and yes it's wildly out of touch with the 99.9% who reside below the mega yacht/ship budget.

Here's the (LINK) for the regular boat owner centered Miami Intl Boat Show. There's 3 venues/locations with free shuttles between each including (1) in-water powerboats of every size, (2) In-water Sailboats and Cats, (3) and (my favorite) the convention center with 3 floors indoors including hundreds of vendors and many many boats staged inside and outside around the grounds up to about 40'. The Mercruiser display alone is HUGE and amazing with many of their top engineers meandering around to answer questions.

We are planning on going but life is getting hectic.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl