Options

Common Bonds... fibergalss and fuel..

212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
dangnation...

there is more that bonds us together than there is that separates... seriously.. think about it... but, we somehow choose to focus on the negatives that drive us apart..

I like to think it is a function of the human condition, and put a positive spin on it;  being men, we like to fix things..... we don't look at what's going 'right', but what's going 'wrong', and in that vane I think it is the reasons we address the negatives instead of focusing on the positives.

another thing about the human condition, though, is that it doesn't change.  Folks say "History Repeats Itself", and they are right- but they don't tell the whole story either.. History repeats itself because the nature of man doesn't and hasn't changed since we kindled our first fire..

so... making light of the political squall we just had... here are some things that bond us:

- fiberglass
- fuel
- the search for the perfect family outing
- fixing stuff that breaks on our floaters
- ...... feel free to add, mateys...

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....helping others who struggle, with experience we've learned through our lifetime. It's certainly why we all share on this board. Now I need to go change that impeller with just a little less trouble thanks to those who took the time to give me a few tips ;) 

....RINKERS!. What better common denominator that shows we all have a similar mindset when we've all chosen the same mfg. :D
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I agree with everyone.  RY, I completely agree things are getting ignored.  There are also plenty of forums specifically for that exact discussion.  I know this is not where I want to discuss it.  This is my relax to get away from it and do boating place.  & man do I need it this time of year.  Ran pink stuff thru my  boat yesterday, cover going on tomorrow. 8-}

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    DI - You ran "pink stuff" thru your boat? What do you mean? Did you spill one of your (in)famous maitais? or are you now using them to winterize your ride - or - probably more accurately - is your ride now demanding them for winterization - told you not to spill so much on the carpet that the 400 would develop expensive tastes!!!!!  :-) MT
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

MT, the 400 has been known to 'drink' some of that pink stuff as well.  On those rough nights is when she drinks the most.  I've refused to get new carpet cause then I'll have to take it easy.  (little behind the helm seat & around the cockpit wet bar are a few favorites)

Just finished my leaves in my yard for the last time today. :D  Also split about 3 cords of wood this week.  Now it's time to drink!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express