2006 342 sound system problem

Hi my boat has had an ongoing static noice problem in 2 of the starboard speakers.  The remaining speakers work fine, though the sub woofer needs to be replaced.  After several attempts of switching out the speakers with new speakers with no change someone suggested there might be a problem with the amphifer.  So my mechanic contracted a tech who found  the amphifer and changed some of the connections and speakers worked fine for about about 45 days and then static returned.  Now the tech says one of the amphifers is fried and needs to be replaced and the amphifer on the boat is not made any more.  So my questions are where are the amphifers, how many are there, who is a good vendor to purchase a new one or if there are more than one maybe replacement all?  Or is there another better solution to having a sound system than a 6 cartiage cd player but I'm thinking here if I use something else for the music I still need the amphifer(s) and all the speakers to work too.  Paul Sivert

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amp is installed on the starboard side, behind the storage bin under the front berth. There is an access plate or just take out the whole bin. Check your speaker wires, I had to have mine redone for static problems (warranty).

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI