Central Vacuum

HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I own a 2005 342. I have searched and searched for the "dirt" from the Central Vac. Where do I find the bag? We have one at home and the filter/bag is in the garage and I basically shake it out into the garbage container. Is the one on the boat a "shake out" or are there actually bags that I need to buy? Had the boat for 4 years and still can't find it.

Thanks.

Hamdog

"Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's

Comments

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    RY - so you think BD is a renaissance man who does the vacuuming? - who am I kidding? The admiral leaves the vacuum right in front of my beer fridge - tight to its door. I can't even open the door without touching that friggin' thing!.....and once you touch it you're scr*wed.  :-) MT
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You keep talkin' like that Al and one of the gals on here is gonna make you an offer! :-) MT
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too funny. Darned right I vacuum on board and at home. Cook, clean, laundry, oh yes: mowing too. lol. My wife would be lost without me (I think. lol).

To the question: yes there are bags to buy. The bag is in the power unit in the closet. A sliding button towards the top and the door pivots open.

http://www.intervacdesign.com/

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod

oh man, i use that vacuum every time out on the boat (lathough I try to get the kids to use it, they just never get it done as well)

Al, you're making me hungry!  For some reason we cook eggs on the boat all the time, but not much at home.

Oh, for the topic, yes the bag is in the unit itself.  On my boat, the first part I broke was the plastic 90 under the sink in the aft area trying to get to that bag.  The drain line is in the way of the vac bag access. (just need to be very cautious & its ok)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭

Thanks Guys. Looks pretty simple to find. Boat is put up for the winter so if I have any issues this spring, I will chime in.

Black Diamond....thanks a ton for the link. We are also going to order a few attachments that we don't have but definitely need.

Hamdog

"Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's